We are happy to help you organise any of these activities in advance of your stay. All of the activities below are within an easy drive of La Colombiere:
- Kayaking on the Dordogne,Vezere and Dropt rivers.
- There are many walks around the country lanes from La Colombiere; each village had a “Boucle” (a circular walk) around it which generally start and finish at the local restaurant. Plus you can purchase walking maps of the area and of course there is always the Tourist Offices
- Cycling – bikes can be hired and delivered to La Colombiere.
- We can arrange yoga sessions and massages locally
- Pro Glisse Leisure and Activities Park for jet-skiing, quad-biking, paintballing and roller-skating.
- Aqua-Park Junior Land.
- Go-karting, bowling and crazy golf.
- Horseriding at Creysse.
- Sailing at Mauzac
- Tennis at Gardonne and Lauzan
- Tree climbing and high ropes centre at Tepacap.
- 2 hour drive to the Atlantic coast stretching from the Garonne at Bordeaux down to the Spanish border, comprising the largest beach in Europe.
We are in the heart of the largest fine wine producing region in the world! Visit the vineyards of the region and see how the magical names of Margaux, Saint-Emilion, Sauternes, Pessac-Léognan, Montbazillac are grown . This makes this region the perfect destination for wine connoisseurs. . A host of authentic experiences are on offer and there are so many ways to sample what the region has on offer. We have arrangements with several of the local vineyards who will introduce you to the world of wine.
As well as visiting the grand chateaux and sampling their wares, many villages and towns have their own “fetes du vin”. The world famous Bordeaux festival takes place this year in late June; nearer home, the Sigoules “fete du vin” takes place mid July – this is the largest festival in the region where one can sample the best food and wine the region has to offer – not to be missed if you are here! And don’t miss the Eymet “Oyster and Wine” festival that takes place in the heart of this famous Bastide town